KYB - Ororbia, Spain
KYB - Ororbia, Spain

Pioneers in scanning and reverse engineering for shock absorber manufacturing.

Hexagon Metrology’s long list of customers and partners includes KYB the largest manufacturer of shock absorbers worldwide. This Japanese giant, with its global presence, uses the ROMER Absolute Arm with integrated scanner for its pioneering reverse engineering work at its Technical Centre in Ororbia, Spain. The measuring arm provides precise, effective and rapid action to a key process, allowing subsequent series production and ensuring excellent levels of quality.

KYB was set up in Japan in 1919 and has production plants in four continents. It employs over 12,000 people who produce shock absorbers, springs and power steering systems, more than 50 percent of which are used in vehicle manufacturing (mainly cars, but also motorcycles). 30% of its products are used in industry including the rail, maritime, construction and agriculture sectors.

The KYB Group has an annual turnover of 2.6 billion USD, 60% of which comes from sales of shock absorbers to the vehicle industry. It has an annual production capacity of over 75 million units.
KYB’s European Headquarters, also known as KEH, are located in Krefeld in Germany. It has three factories in Spain and another in the Czech Republic. 75% of the shock absorber production is for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) of the world’s key automotive brands: Renault-Nissan, PSA, Toyota, Suzuki, BMW, Mercedes and so on. The remaining 25% is for spare parts and after-sales service (OES).

One of these factories is located in Ororbia (Navarra) in Spain, along with the Technical Centre that serves the company throughout Europe. The ROMER Absolute Arm with integrated scanner was installed here five months ago, where it has been since been fully incorporated into its measurement systems and is now at the cutting edge of reverse engineering techniques.

Ease of use, precision and repeatability

We discussed this subject with Oscar Beortegui, CAD Manager at KYB Europe. Oscar told us the reasons that led his company to choose Hexagon Metrology and the ROMER Absolute Arm: “The ease of operation and precision afforded by the ROMER measuring arm were decisive aspects when we chose this, but what was really critical was the ability to inspect 100% of any part within a reasonable timeframe, and to perform reverse engineering within our own company. Price is always important, but in our case it was not the decisive aspect.”

The ROMER Absolute Arm plays an increasing role in the processes at the Technical Centre: “We are using the ROMER Absolute Arm more and more, because of the many advantages it offers us compared to other measurement systems. The system can be used by many users and the level of precision is perfectly suited to the needs of this sector”. . . . .

Kontaktujte nás

Kontaktujte nás

Zde najdete kontakty na naše servisní a prodejní oddělení

» Kontakty

» Poptávkový formulář

Hexagon Metrology s.r.o.
Litvínovská 609/3
190 00 Praha 9
Czech Republic

Pevná linka:
+420 272 680 830

Print Print